When you plan your trip to Laos, one of the first things you have to consider is the fact that you may require a visa in advance. Since only 15 nationalities are exempt, your chances of needing one are pretty high. However, that does not necessarily mean that you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy. According to Laos’s visa policy, as long as your trip is for tourism purposes, you can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you with that. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, you are more than welcome to read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of the Gambia eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of the Gambia are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and with iVisa, you can get it with almost no effort.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
The list of requirements for a Laos Visa is short, and you should have no trouble in acquiring every single item on it. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
As much as you choose. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. That way, your Laos eVisa arrives precisely when you need it. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. In fact, it can be quite cheap. Remember that the cost of your Laos eVisa depends on the processing time of your application. So, the sooner you want your travel document, the more you have to pay for it. The prices for each option are:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The service fees are included.
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa allows you to stay inside the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. The Laos eVisa is valid only at two points of entry, as listed below. Choosing another one means that you have to go to the nearest Laotian consulate and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge