Planning a trip to Laos takes quite a bit of time and consideration, but did you know that you may have to get a visa in advance? Since only 15 nationalities are exempt, chances are that you need one, but the good news is that as long as you travel for tourism purposes, you can get a Laos visa online. iVisa created a short and simple online application process so that you can get the document you need with little to no effort. For more information about the Laos eVisa, please read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of the Ivory Coast eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, Ivorian nationals are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it in no time.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you have to do before you access the application page to fill in the form is to check if you have everything necessary for the application process. While you may already have everything you need, keep in mind that the requirements are easy to meet. What you need to put together is as follows:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not long. Moreover, when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you can choose the processing time of your application. You are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 business days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 business days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 business days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not quite. Keep in mind that the cost of your Laos eVisa depends on which processing time option you choose for your application. The prices, which include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa ?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. You are obligated to enter the country through the points of entry listed below when you hold a Laos eVisa. If you choose another border checkpoint, you need to obtain a visa from a Laotian consulate.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge