Laos is a country where you can experience one of your best vacations. The place is beautiful. But what you should know before you start planning is that you may be required to get a visa before departure. That should not be difficult since all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online provided that their trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa created a simple and short application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we advise you to read the answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions. You can find them below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Maldivian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of the Maldives can apply for a Laos visa online, and iVisa can help you with that.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
You cannot apply for a Laos eVisa unless you take care of the requirements. However, that should not be a difficult task because all the things on the list below are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends. When you plan on applying for a Laos eVisa using the services rendered by iVisa, you will notice that you are given three processing time options. That way, you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 6 days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
As for the cost of a Laos eVisa, you should know that it is not fixed. In fact, it is determined by the processing time option you opt for your application. As a result, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you are going to be charged. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires in 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can spend as much as 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to cross the border only via the points of entry below. Choosing a different one requires a standard visa, and you can get that only at a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge