Are you planning to spend your vacation days in Laos? Then you will have a lovely experience. But what you should know before you start packing is that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. After all, most nationalities need one. Keep in mind, however, that as long as you travel to Laos for tourism purposes, you are given the possibility to apply for a Laos visa online, and iVisa will help you every step of the way. In case you are interested in finding out more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Marshallese citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, of course. The citizens of the Marshall Islands can apply for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
Needless to say, before you start the online application process to obtain a Laos eVisa, you have to put together a few documents and information that iVisa will ask of you. But as you will notice, there is nothing on that list that may be complicated to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on you. Obtaining a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you get three processing time options. That way, you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 6 days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa varies depending on which option you select when it comes to the processing speed of your application. So, in a way, you are in control of how much you are charged as well. The prices are listed below, and the service fees are already included.
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. When you have a Laos eVisa, you are required to enter Laos via the points of entry you see below. Any other border checkpoint will ask you to present a standard visa, and you need to pay a visit to a Laotian consulate for that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge