Do you plan on spending your vacation in Laos? Congratulations! You have made an excellent choice. However, bear in mind that you need to acquire a visa in advance. Fortunately, you do not have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy. That is because, according to Laos’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can obtain a Laos visa online so long as they travel for tourism purposes. iVisa can provide assistance with the online application process. If you wish to learn more about the Laos eVisa, we invite you to read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Dutch citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of the Netherlands are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa provides a smooth and fast online application process.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you have to do when you want to apply for a Laos eVisa is to check if you have everything that you need for the online application process. But, as you will see, the list is not very long. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. To that effect, iVisa gives you three processing time options. That way, you get to choose when your Laos eVisa is ready. Your choices are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 72 hours for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
That depends. The processing time you choose for your application not only determines the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is ready, but the cost as well. The prices for each option are:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
The service fees are included.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. As long as you have a Laos eVisa, you can enter Laos through the border checkpoints you see below. Any other point of entry will ask you for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge