The process of planning a trip to Laos can be extensive, but the first thing on your mind should be whether or not you need a visa in advance. After all, most nationalities do. Even so, you will be pleased to learn that Laos’s visa policy allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online as long as the trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa can help you with the application process. Below, you will find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Laos eVisa. That should help you learn more about it.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Emirati citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of the United Arab Emirates qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
Before you start the process of obtaining a Laos eVisa, you must make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything necessary for the application process. That should not be a challenge because the list is not long, and the items on it are accessible. You will need the following:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
You do not have to wait for too long. Besides, acquiring a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you are given the possibility to choose the processing time of your application. You have three options at hand:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. However, you should be aware of the fact that the cost of a Laos eVisa is variable. The faster you want your travel document to arrive, the more money you spend on it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
As long as you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
No. The Laos eVisa grants you entry only if you travel via the following border checkpoints:
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
If you decide that you want to enter Laos through another point of entry, you have to go to the Laotian embassy in the United Arab Emirates and request a standard visa.