Do you plan on going to Laos anytime soon? Then you should know that it may be necessary for you to apply for a visa in advance. Fortunately, the visa policy of Laos is pretty lenient. Especially when it comes to tourism. As a result, almost all noon-visa exempt nationalities who travel to Laos for tourism purposes can obtain a Laos visa online. That is where iVisa can step in. We can help you get the travel document you need with little effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should take a minute and read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are British citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of the United Kingdom can apply for a Laos eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you have to do before you access the application page to fill in the form is to make sure that you meet the requirements. Nevertheless, as you will see, there is nothing on the list that may be challenging to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
Not much. Plus, iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not at all. But you should know that the cost of a Laos eVisa is established during the application process when you are asked to choose a processing time for your application. The faster the processing, the more significant the amount. The prices are:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are granted a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
No. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you must enter Laos using one of the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, you have to go to the Laotian embassy in the UK and obtain a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge