Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then you should probably know that a visa may be in order. Most nationalities need one to enter Laos. However, the good news is that according to Laos’s visa policy, almost all nationalities that are not visa-exempt can obtain a Laos visa online as long as their trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa ensures a smooth and stress-free application process so that you do not make too much of an effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, take a moment, and read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are American citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of the United States, same as most nationalities, qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form, there is one thing you need to take care of, and that is the requirements list. You need to acquire everything that is on it in order to successfully apply for your visa. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
Not long. At the same time, you should know that when you use the services provided by iVisa to apply for a Laos eVisa, you are given three processing time options for your application. As a result, you can choose the one that works best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. But please remember that the cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It varies depending on which processing time option you pick for your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you cannot stay in Laos for more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
No. The Laos eVisa is valid only at two points of entry, as listed below. It is important to keep in mind that if you plan on entering Laos via another border checkpoint, you need to go to the Laotian embassy in the US and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge