Laos is a beautiful country, and if you decide to spend your vacation there, you will not regret it. However, did you know that most nationalities who travel to Laos need a visa before departure? The good news is that Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system, and as a result, almost all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online. You can too, and iVisa will make sure that your effort in the process is close to non-existent. To find out more details about the Laos eVisa, you can either read the information below or contact iVisa’s customer support service.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Togolese citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Togo are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa does not include anything that may be challenging to acquire. All you need is the following:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That depends. Obtaining a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you are given the opportunity to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – you wait 10 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 6 days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
A Laos eVisa is not expensive, but you should know that the price is not fixed. It depends on which processing time you select for your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Unfortunately, no. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you must cross the Laotian border using one of the points of entry listed below. Choosing a different border checkpoint, other than the ones below, means that you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge