Planning a trip to Laos may take some time and consideration, but if you want to spend your vacation there, the effort is worth it. However, you should know right from the start that you may require a visa in advance. Lucky for you, Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as a result, almost all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online as long as they travel to Laos for tourism purposes. iVisa can help you with the process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, same as many other nationalities, the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
For a successful application process, you need to first make sure that you meet the requirements for a Laos eVisa. Even so, you have nothing to worry about because the list is short and the items on it are easy to obtain. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is up to you. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can have your Laos eVisa precisely when you need it. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 Business Days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is variable. It depends on the processing time you pick for your application. So, your choice not only determines the timeframe in which your visa arrives, but also its price.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for a period that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. A Laos eVisa is considered valid only at two points of entry. They are listed below. If you decide on entering the country via another border checkpoint, you have to apply for a standard visa at the nearest Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge