When you decide to spend your vacation in a foreign country, your planning process includes some research about that country’s visa policy. It goes the same for Laos. What you need to know is that most nationalities require a visa, but since Laos has an electronic visa system, you may be able to apply for a Laos visa online. Almost all non-visa exempt nationalities who travel to Laos for tourism purposes can. iVisa can help you every step of the way. To find out more details about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Tunisian citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, like many other nationalities, the citizens of Tunisia qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
It is true that the online process of getting a Laos eVisa is much easier and less frustrating than going to an embassy, but you still need to make sure that you have everything necessary at hand. Here is what you must put together:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
Not too long. Plus, when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you get three processing time options for your application. As a result, you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not really. But you have to understand that the cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It depends on the processing speed of your application. So, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
Unfortunately, no. Th Laos eVisa is considered valid only at two points of entry in Laos. Choosing a different one means that you have to go to the Laotian embassy in Tunisia and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge