Spending your vacation days in Laos is a fantastic idea. You will have plenty to see and to do. But you should know that the chances of you needing a visa before departure are pretty high. That is because only 15 nationalities are exempt. There is good news, as well. According to Laos’s visa policy, almost all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online for as long as they travel to Laos for tourism purposes. iVisa can assist you with the online application process. Below, you will find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the Laos eVisa. You should read them to learn more on the matter.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Turkish citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, same as most nationalities, the citizens of Turkey can obtain a Laos visa online.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
Before you start the process of getting a Laos eVisa, you need to put together a few documents and some information that iVisa needs from you. However, you should not have a difficult time getting everything you need, which is as follows:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
Not long. Besides, obtaining a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you can choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not at all. But you should know that the cost of a Laos eVisa is variable. It is established by the processing time option you pick for your application. So, the price can be one of the following:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you get a Laos eVisa, you are granted a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
Sadly, no. The Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter the country via one of the border checkpoints mentioned below. Any other point of entry will ask you for a standard visa, and for that, you have to go to the Laotian diplomatic mission in Turkey.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge