Planning your vacation in Laos takes some time and consideration, but one of the first things you need to think about is the fact that you may be required to get a visa in advance. Lucky for you, you may be able to skip the trip to the embassy. Apparently, Laos’s visa policy allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online provided that their trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa can help you get the Laos eVisa in no time and with little effort. To learn more about it, you should read the information down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Tuvaluan citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Tuvalu qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you have to do before you start the process of getting a Laos eVisa is to make sure that you meet the requirements. But, as you are about to see, there is nothing on the list that is out of the ordinary. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
Not too long. Besides, iVisa gives you three processing time options for your application so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 10 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 6 days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. But you should be aware of the fact that the cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. The faster you want the processing, the more you are charged. Here is a list of prices for each option:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, your stay in Laos cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
No. You are required to enter Laos via the points of entry below. Otherwise, you have to apply for a standard visa at the nearest Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge