Are you planning to travel to Laos? Then one of the first things you must consider is the fact that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. Most nationalities are. However, it is not all bad news. According to the visa policy of Laos, almost all non-visa exempt nationalities that travel to Laos for tourism purposes are given the possibility to apply for a Laos visa online. With iVisa, you will get the travel document you need with minimal effort. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Ugandan citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, same as many other nationalities, the citizens of Uganda are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
As you can imagine, you need to meet a few requirements to be able to apply for a Laos eVisa. But you have nothing to worry about because the list is not long, and the items on it are generally easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
Not as long as you would think. Plus, iVisa gives you three processing time options for your application. That way, you can have your Laos eVisa precisely when you need it. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not at all. But you have to know that the cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It is influenced by the processing speed option you select for your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, your stay in Laos is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
Regrettably, no. The Laos eVisa is accepted as valid only if you enter the country via the points of entry below. If you decide to cross the Laotian border through another point of entry, you need a consular visa, and only a Laotian embassy can issue that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge