Are you planning a vacation in Laos? You have made an excellent choice. You are going to have the time of your life there. However, before you leave, you need to check if you need a visa. If you do, you must obtain one. The good news, however, is that the visa policy of Laos allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online as long as they travel for tourism purposes. iVisa can assist you with the application process. In case you are interested in finding out more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Uruguayan citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, like most non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of Uruguay have access to a Laos eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
Naturally, to be able to apply for a Laos eVisa, you must first put together a few documents and some information so that iVisa can get the process started. However, you will see for yourself that the list is not long, and the items on it are easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
As long as you choose. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not at all. Besides, the cost of a [Laos eVisa is variable. It depends on the processing time you select for your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for a period that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
Unfortunately, no. The Laos eVisa is valid only at two border checkpoints. They are listed below. If you choose a different one, you must go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge