Planning a trip to Laos takes plenty of careful consideration. There are many things to think about. One of them is a visa. After all, you may be required to get one in advance. Fortunately, Laos’s visa policy allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to acquire a visa online. iVisa can help you in that department. We can facilitate the process of getting the document you need. If you wish to learn more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Vanuatuan citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Vanuatu can apply for a Laos visa online.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
The first thing you have to do before you apply for a Laos eVisa is to check whether or not you have everything necessary for the application process. However, as you will see, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
That is up to you. iVisa provides you with three processing time options so that you can receive your Laos eVisa at the right moment. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – you wait 10 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 6 days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not really. But you should know that the cost of a Laos eVisa is established according to the processing time of your application. So, the faster you want your visa, the more you are charged. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa will allows you to stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
No. The Laos eVisa is valid only at two border checkpoints. They can be found below. Bear in mind that if you enter Laos via another point of entry, other than the ones mentioned below, you need to apply for a standard visa at a Laotian embassy near you.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge