Whenever you plan a trip to a foreign country, you have to consider the fact that you may need a visa. The same goes when it comes to Laos. Chances are that you do. But what is important to remember is that Laos has a lenient visa policy in the sense that it allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. The only condition is that the trip is solely for tourism purposes. With iVisa, your effort in getting the travel document you need is close to non-existent. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Yemeni citizens eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. Same as many other nationalities, the citizens of Yemen qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for Laos eVisa?
First things first, you must check if you meet the requirements for a Laos eVisa. But that should not be a complicated task. You need a few things, and they are easy to put your hands on. Here is what we are referring to:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos. A blank page is necessary as well
- Passport photo – for more chances of success, make sure that the picture is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – you can have a hotel booking confirmation, an Airbnb receipt, or anything else that can prove you have a place to stay in Laos.
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, the Laos eVisa you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before departure, preferably in multiple copies. A spare is always useful
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application form to be processed?
As long as you decide. One of the perks of applying for your Laos eVisa with iVisa is that you get to choose the processing time of your application. You are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not at all, just remember that the price of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. Consequently:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
For how long is the Laos eVisa valid?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after issue.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can remain in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry in Laos?
No. A Laos eVisa is accepted as a valid travel document only by two points of entry. They are shown below. Any other border checkpoint will ask you for a standard visa, for which you must go at the nearest Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge