Learn More: Schengen Visa
The Schengen visa is a short stay visa required for nationalities who are not eligible for visa-free travel in the 26 member countries of the Schengen area. Holders of the Schengen visa are allowed to travel throughout the Schengen zone for up to 90 days within a 180 day period.
WHO CAN ENTER LATVIA WITH THE SCHENGEN VISA
If your nationality is not eligible for visa-free travel to the Schengen zone, you will need a Schengen visa to visit the countries in this area. Depending on your nationality, you may need a Schengen visa in order to transit through the international transit areas of airports of the Schengen States. See the FAQs below for full details.
OBTAIN THE LATVIA SCHENGEN VISA
To get your Schengen visa, you’ll need to fill out our online application and provide supporting documents including proof of travel medical insurance, proof of accommodation, proof of financial means of support during your stay, and a color passport-quality photo. In some cases you may need to supply fingerprints.
DISPLAY YOUR SCHENGEN VISA
Once your application is approved, you’ll receive your Schengen visa sticker by mail. The sticker should be affixed to your passport. You will need to display it to authorities before boarding and on arrival. Keep in mind that a Schengen visa does not guarantee entry, as it’s ultimately up to the authorities to determine whether you may enter the country.
Required Documents to Apply
Latvia is a country in Northern Europe that is bordered by the Baltic Sea. Most tourists that visit the country go to Riga, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Since Latvia has half of its surface area covered in forests, you can explore multiple trails and natural parks. The scenery is gorgeous, and you will have a great experience. At the same time, Latvia is the home of the widest European waterfall. It is called Kuldiga and it is a beautiful natural treasure that you should not miss. At the same time, tourists seem to love Cesis. It is a town that has medieval ruins. You should find it interesting to visit.
But before you travel to Latvia, you should see if you need a visa to enter the country. What you should know is that Latvia is a Schengen country, so if you require a visa, you need to apply for a Schengen visa. You may not need a visa if you are in one of two situations: if you are from a European Union country or an EEA (European Economic Area), in which case you have freedom of movement in the Schengen Area. The second case is if you come from a country that according to the Schengen visa policy is in the visa waiver program, in which case you can go to the Schengen Area without a visa and stay there for up to 90 days unless otherwise noted.
If you want to know which rule applies to your particular situation, you can either take a look at the visa policy of the Schengen Area, or you could use iVisa’s Visa Checker. It is a smart tool that gives you that information in just a second. All you have to do is select your country of origin and Latvia in the two drag-down menus. The result will let you know if you do not need a visa, and if you do, it gives you a list of embassies that you can go to and apply for a Schengen visa. Schengen visas cannot be obtained online, which is why iVisa cannot help you with the application process. We wish, however, to be as helpful as possible, which is why our support service is available day and night and is entirely free of charge.
In case you find out that you do need to apply for a Schengen visa to go to Latvia, you must go to the nearest embassy. However, the visa policy has some rules about which embassy to visit. If you plan to go only to Latvia, then you need to visit the nearest Latvian embassy. On the other hand, if you plan to visit multiple Schengen countries, like many people do, you must go to the embassy of the country that is your main destination. If you cannot tell which your main destination is, the embassy you need to go to is the one of the country that you enter first.
While we cannot assist you in getting your Schengen visa, the information above should be helpful by pointing you in the right direction.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Latvia may not be on top of your destinations list. However, Latvia has so much to offer. Visiting Riga is an incredible experience because the vibrant atmosphere and historical scenarios will make you want to stay forever. We’re sure you will have a blast visiting the most relevant sites in Riga and Latvia. Before you start planning your trip, confirm whether you need the Latvia Schengen Visa. In case you need it, you have iVisa.com on your side to help you. The digital process is simple, and we have experts ready to give you a hand. The Latvia Schengen Visa could be yours easily.
Go to Riga for a city break and check the gorgeous Old Town, where you can find Hanseatic and Art Nouveau architecture. The buildings are reminiscent of the Middle Ages and the Soviet Union that ruled up to the 90s. Head to St. Peter’s church to have the best view of Riga. Take a few old stairs and a crowded lift to get to the top. You will enjoy an incredible view of the red roofs and small streets of the Old Town. Also, don’t miss the blue waters of the Daugava river that passes by the whole city. Inside the church, you can enjoy temporary art exhibitions that display ancient artifacts. Continue with the Museum of the Occupation of Latvia that shows how residents of the country lived between 1940 to 1991. During this period, Latvia was occupied by the Soviet Union, the Nazis, and then the Russians again. The museum is considered a memorial to all the victims from these periods. Besides, you should check the Riga Ghetto and the Latvian Holocaust Museum. You may not be aware, but Latvia had its share of suffering during those decades. If you want to find out more, you must apply for the Latvia Schengen Visa now. Remember that you have iVisa.com on your side to help you with this procedure.
Head to the Art Nouveau district, where you can find beautiful 19th-century buildings with a Classical influence. Check Albert Street, where each building seems like a dream come true. Don’t miss the Art Nouveau Museum and explore the most extraordinary Art Nouveau staircases in Europe. Riga also offers a traditional alcoholic drink that mixes vodka and different plants. Most locals will tell you the legend that Russian Empress Catherine II became sick during a trip to Latvia, and the only thing that cured her was the Riga Black Balsam. You can find this liqueur in most bars and restaurants, but be careful, as it’s very strong. The Sun Museum is another interesting place to visit. This museum is dedicated to how different civilizations view the sun. The sun plays a relevant role in Latvian culture. Therefore, you can see over 400 depictions about this matter. The astronomical knowledge you will acquire will be impressive. Don’t forget you need the Latvia Schengen Visa before enjoying all these fabulous places. iVisa.com can help you with this visa process.
The Central Market in Riga is another favorite spot among tourists. Explore the five pavilions that were built on old German Zeppelin hangars. This market is the biggest one in Europe, which means you can find plenty of exotic and unexpected objects. The fun part is to see locals buying their groceries and interacting with foreign visitors who want to learn more about Latvia. Once you arrive in Riga, you need to enjoy the nightlife. Nowadays, the city is considered a party destination for European travelers. Check the bar crawls organized by the Naughty Squirrel or have a karaoke session at the Rock Café. If you want to have a drink, we recommend heading to Chomsky or Nabaklab. Party and enjoy your drinks safely. Let us take you to Latvia’s countryside for a marvelous experience. The manor houses are impressive as they show you how the old aristocracy used to live. Nowadays, they are open to the public. Check Rundale Palace, a Baroque construction from the 18th-century with an extraordinary rose garden. We can help you experience all of this once you have the Latvia Schengen Visa. Let us help you with the process.
Visit Jūrmala for a day trip and have a relaxing stay. The seaside resort is only 30 minutes away from Riga, and the unique beach stretches for 33 kilometers. Check the Dzintari Forest Park that features an Art Nouveau style in wooden architecture. Have fun while exploring the beach or walking around the trails of the park. We know you will have a blast in Jūrmala. Latvia has over 500 kilometers of coastline. In other words, it’s easy to find beaches everywhere. Check the Livonian Coast, where the pristine beaches and fishing villages will take your breath away. The site is so isolated that you will be the only one enjoying the scenery. Continue with KaInciema Quarter, where you can find open-air concerts, markets, art galleries, and even movie nights. You will always find festivals or events happening all year round. Still, we recommend visiting between April and September, when the weather is perfect for a day out. You could gather with friends and have a picnic or a bottle of wine here. Let our experts support you with the Latvia Schengen Visa. We have the right expertise to help you.
Before you keep thinking about Latvia as your next holiday destination, confirm the travel documents you need before your arrival. If you must have the Latvia Schengen Visa, you have arrived at the right place. We have simplified the process for the Latvia Schengen Visa, which means you can enjoy simple steps instead of tedious government procedures. Also, you can start the process from the comfort of your home as the whole process is 100% online. First, you should have your passport, a valid email address, and your payment method ready. After you complete the electronic questionnaire, there is nothing to worry about as our team will take over. Our experts will check your details and start the process. We have an error-free policy, which means your application will be perfect before it heads to the Latvia government site for final approval. Expect an electronic communication from our end with all the necessary documents you need for your next trip to Latvia. Make sure to follow our instructions for a smooth entry to Latvia. The Latvia Schengen Visa process is as simple as it sounds. Trust iVisa.com and have the best trip you could ever imagine. We have years of experience helping travelers with the most reliable services. Read our reviews and you will see that we bring excellent results.
- Latvia Vaccination Passport
- Latvia (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of RUSSIA
- Latvia (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of CHINA
- The Intermediate Guide to Latvia Schengen Visa Fee
- Guide to Latvia (Schengen) Visa For Citizens Of India
- An Introduction to Latvia Schengen Visa Requirements
- Latvia Vaccination Requirements | Do I need a vaccine to travel to Latvia?
- How Citizens of Russia Can Enter Latvia During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Lithuania Can Enter Latvia During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Estonia Can Enter Latvia During Coronavirus
- Latvia COVID Restrictions: Check Requirements
- How Citizens of Finland Can Enter Latvia During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Sweden Can Enter Latvia During Coronavirus
- Can I Travel to Latvia COVID 19?
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Timor
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Taiwan
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Solomon Islands
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Seychelles
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Vanuatu: Traveling to Latvia
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Uruguay: Visit Latvia in 2022
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of United Arab Emirates: Come soon
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Serbia
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Samoa
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Vincent
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Saint Lucia
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Peru
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Panama
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Palau
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Macedonia
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of New Zealand
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Nauru
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Montenegro
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Moldova
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Micronesia: Find out more
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Mauritius
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Marshall Islands
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Malaysia
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Macao
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Kiribati
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Japan
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Hong Kong
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Honduras
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Grenada
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Georgia
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Dominica
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Costa Rica
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Brunei: Visit the spectacular!
- Latvia ETIAS For Citizens of Barbados
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Bahamas
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Argentina
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Albania
- Latvia ETIAS Multiple Entry: Does the Latvia ETIAS have Multiple Entry benefits?
- Latvia ETIAS Validity
- Latvia ETIAS cost: How much does the Latvia ETIAS cost?
- Latvia ETIAS Requirements: What are the Latvia ETIAS Requirements?
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Israel: Get Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of Israel Fast and Easy
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Brazil: All About Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of Brazil
- What Is The Latvia Schengen Visa Processing Time?
- Latvia (Schengen) Visa For Citizens Of NIGERIA: A Visa Guide Book For Beginners
- Latvia (Schengen) Visa For Citizens Of DOMINICAN REPUBLIC: A Guide To Get Your Visa
- Latvia (Schengen) Visa For Citizens Of Haiti: Now Made Easy With iVisa.com
- Latvia (Schengen) Visa For Citizens Of Pakistan: A Beginners Handbook
- Latvia Schengen Visa Validity: An easy guide
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of El Salvador: Check Requirements for Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of El Salvador
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Mexico: Get Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of Mexico Fast and Easy
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Chile: How Can I Apply for Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of Chile?
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Guatemala: How to Get Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of Guatemala
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Australia: Learn More About Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of Australia
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine: Get Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of Ukraine Fast and Easy
- Latvia ETIAS for citizens of Canada: How Can I Apply for Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of Canada?
- Latvia ETIAS for Citizens of United States of America: How to Get Latvia ETIAS for the Citizens of the United States of America