Visa Policy for Lesotho
Looking at the Lesotho visa policy, the e-Visa must be applied for before arriving into Lesotho, for some travelers that would like to cross the Lesotho border. This visa came into existence in order to allow the Lesotho government to have the authority to allow travelers to enter this country.
The e-Visa is part of the Lesotho visa policy and allows travelers to obtain this visa and use it for entry into the country. Upon approval you are able to enter, travel through or remain in Lesotho as well as leave Lesotho under the restrictions of your visa.
In order to access the Lesotho visa, there are certain requirements that will need to be met and the application being submitted successfully will be dependent on certain information. The information that is needed is the country from which the traveler holds a passport, the length which the traveler would like to stay and why the traveler is entering Lesotho. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lesotho has just recently introduced the e-Visa which is available to citizens of over 100 countries. The e-Visa allows travelers to Lesotho for either tourist or business purposes and enables the traveler to stay in the Kingdom of Lesotho for up to 30 days Per Entry.
This process is done completely online and is an easy to follow system. This e-Visa, once approved, is an electronic visa that will be shown to immigration officials upon arrival at the port of entry to Lesotho.
There are countries that are exempt from having to follow the Lesotho visa policy and their nationals do not have to apply for a visa before entering the country. There are many countries that are included in this list and can be found below. Continue reading the below information and all of your questions about the Lesotho visa policy in relation to tourism and short and long term stays within Lesotho will be answered.
Tourist Visa Policy for Lesotho
There is 1 main visa that is included in the Lesotho visa policy.Traveler looking to head to Lesotho that does not hold a passport that is exempt from obtaining a visa, must fill out the application online. The below countries are exempt, so if a traveler holds a valid passport from one of these countries, they do not have to obtain a visa.
For more information regarding the Lesotho visa, continue to read the below paragraphs.
The Lesotho visa is available for citizens of many countries. Any countries that are outside of the exempt countries must apply for and provide proof of a Lesotho visa in order to be compliant with the Lesotho visa policy.
The Lesotho visa allows travelers from countries all over the world to cross Lesotho's border and enter the country. The maximum allowed stay in Lesotho when in possession of the Lesotho visa is 90 days per entry. This visa provides holders with a single entry into the country. If you would like to enter the country multiple times, you may have to reapply for the Lesotho visa.
In order to obtain a Lesotho visa, you must follow these requirements:
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Airline Confirmation
- Proof of Accommodation
- Applicant Photo
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Birth Certificate of Minor (if applicable)
- Legal Guardian 2 Passport Page Scan (if applicable)
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan (if applicable)
- Minor Consent Letter (if applicable)
- Invitation Letter (if applicable)
- Selfie holding the physical credit card used for the transaction is needed to verify payment. Only the last 4 digits of the credit card must be visible in the picture. Only one image is needed per order. (if applicable)
- Proof of accommodation must be shown in order to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is required by the Lesotho government in order to issue the visa.
In order to apply for the Lesotho visa the traveler must complete an online application form, which is easy to fill out. Applicants can usually finish the form in a few minutes.
In order to fill out this application in completion, travelers will have to provide personal information that will allow the government of Lesotho to review the application. The information that will be needed is the name and birthday of the traveler as well as passport information including issue date, names as per passport, date of expiry and country of origin and a valid email address in order to receive your approved visa.
- Antigua and Barbuda: visa-free/180 days
- Bahamas: visa-free/90 days
- Bangladesh: visa-free/90 days
- Barbados: visa-free/180 days
- Belize: visa-free
- Benin: visa-free/90 days
- Bolivia: visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days
- Botswana: visa-free/90 days
- Cape Verde: visa on arrival (EASE)
- Comoros: visa on arrival/45 days
- Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast): pre-enrollment
- Cuba: tourist card/30 days
- Djibouti: eVisa
- Dominica: visa-free/180 days
- Ecuador: visa-free/90 days
- Eswatini: visa-free/30 days
- Ethiopia: visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days
- Gabon: eVisa
- Gambia: visa-free/90 days
- Ghana: visa-free/90 days
- Grenada: visa-free/90 days
- Guinea: eVisa/90 days
- Guinea-Bissau: visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days
- Guyana: visa-free/28 days
- Haiti: visa-free/90 days
- Iran: eVisa/30 days
- Ireland: visa-free
- Jamaica: eTA
- Jordan: visa on arrival
- Kenya: visa-free/90 days
- Kiribati: visa-free/120 days
- Kosovo: visa-free/90 days
- Madagascar: visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days
- Malawi: visa-free/90 days
- Maldives: visa on arrival/30 days
- Mauritania: visa on arrival
- Mozambique: visa on arrival/30 days
- Namibia: visa-free/90 days
- Nepal: visa on arrival/90 days
- Nicaragua: visa on arrival/30 days
- Nigeria: pre-visa on arrival
- Palau: visa on arrival/30 days
- Palestinian Territories: visa-free
- Rwanda: visa on arrival / eVisa/30 days
- Saint Kitts and Nevis: visa-free/90 days
- Saint Lucia: visa-free/42 days
- Samoa: visa on arrival/60 days
- Senegal: visa on arrival/30 days
- Seychelles: tourist registration/90 days
- Sierra Leone: visa on arrival/30 days
- Singapore: visa-free/30 days
- Somalia: visa on arrival/30 days
- South Africa: visa-free/30 days
- South Sudan: eVisa
- Sri Lanka: eTA/30 days
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines: visa-free/30 days
- Suriname: eVisa
- Tanzania: visa-free/90 days
- Togo: visa on arrival/7 days
- Trinidad and Tobago: visa-free
- Tuvalu: visa on arrival/30 days
- Uganda: visa-free/90 days
- Vanuatu: visa-free/30 days
- Zambia: visa-free/90 days
- Zimbabwe: visa-free/90 days
Other Visa Information for Lesotho
Some important information that should be known by a traveler when they are submitting their application and it is approved. Having possession of a Lesotho visa does not mean that a traveler will automatically have the right to enter Lesotho. The Immigration Officer at the port of entry has the sole right to make a decision on weather or not to allow travelers into Lesotho. The Immigation Officer may refuse any traveler entry, if he or she believes that a person is unable to fulfil the immigration requirements or that a person's presence in the Kingdom of Lesotho would be contrary to national interests or security.