If you're planning a trip to Madagascar, you should know that getting a visa is a must. You can get this document at the border on arrival, through a foreign representative such as the Embassy of Madagascar or using an online eVisa application, which is the easiest way. iVisa can help you with this last option, all you have to do is to fill in an online form.
The Madagascar eVisa is better known as Landing Authorization since it is a letter that permits you to land in the country. However, the process to obtain it is the same as an eVisa.
To learn more about the online application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can South African apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization online?
Yes, they can. There are a lot of nationalities that can apply online for a Madagascar eVisa, unless they are visa-exempt, of course.
South Africans are among the nationalities that can get a Madagascar Landing Authorization, so if you have a South African passport, you have this option to travel to Madagascar.
What is a Madagascar eVisa on Arrival or Landing Authorization?
The Madagascar Landing Authorization or eVisa on Arrival is a document made for any foreign traveler who wishes to visit Madagascar for tourism purposes.
What do I need to apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization online?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need a lot of things to apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization. Here is that you must have at hand during the application process:
- Valid Passport – You need to be a passport holder to get your online authorization. Plus, this document must stay valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Madagascar.
- Photo – you must make sure that the picture is the most recent possible. You should also carry two passport size photos.
- Valid e-mail address – you get your Landing Authorization via e-mail, and that's why you need to offer a valid address.
- Payment options – iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
This part always varies according to your nationality. iVisa gives you two options for both, 30- and 60-days visa, if you're from South Africa. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – your Madagascar eVisa on Arrival or Landing Authorization arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 days.
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – your Madagascar eVisa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 days.
Does the Madagascar Visa have special requirements?
The embassies of Madagascar will partly work on the visa applications for the citizens of South Africa. That's why applicants are required to carry a copy of their visa at all times during the stay. After the first 60 days have passed, travelers can apply for a visa renewal.
What are the Madagascar Visa processing time and fees?
The price you pay for a Madagascar eVisa depends on the processing timeframe you choose during the application process. Here is what you can choose from.
- Standard processing for 30 days – it takes 7 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 30 days – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 30.00.
- Standard processing for 60 days – it takes 7 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 60 days – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 30.00.
Take note that iVisa will not charge you the government fee. This must be paid at the airport upon arrival.
How long is the Madagascar Visa valid for?
The 30 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 30 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
The 60 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 60 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 60 days Per Entry.
How can I apply for the Landing Authorization?
You can start filling in the online form once you make sure that you have collected all of the things required. You only have to follow these steps:
First, you have to provide your info. In this part, you also need to select the processing time.
The second step will require you to proceed with a revision of the information offered and make the payment.
The third and last step is made to upload additional documents.
Consider that getting a Landing Authorization for Madagascar does not provide you an automatic right of entry. The immigration officer at the port of entry could refuse entry to any person.
Is it safe to obtain my Landing Authorization with iVisa's services?
Yes, defiantly! We have a professional team that has been granting Landing Authorizations for more than 6 years.
If you want to confirm how professional our services are, check out our testimonials with more than 19,000 reviews from Trustpilot.