Before entering the country, citizens of Sweden needing to visit Madagascar need to be aware of the need to acquire a visa. There are two options for staying: a visa for 30 days or a visa for 60 days. Once you’ve arrived in Madagascar, you can use your digital visa instantly. Simply present it and pay immigration agents for your visa. Madagascar's online e-Visa request is simpler than ever.
See our FAQs below for information on how to get your visa as a resident of Sweden.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If I am from Sweden, can I get a Madagascar visa online?
Yes. You can apply for a Tourist e-Visa to Madagascar securely online without having to visit your embassy or consulate.
What are my options for online visas for Madagascar?
Choose from either a 30-day or 60-day e-Visa.
30-day visas are valid for 30 days after arrival with a maximum stay of 30 days Per Entry.
60-day visas are valid for 60 days after arrival with a maximum stay of 60 days Per Entry.
How long will it take to attain my Tourist e-Visa for Madagascar?
The time it will take to get your e-Visa will depend on whether you’ve selected the 30- or 60-day visa, and whether you choose our Standard or Rush processing. For quicker visa processing time, select Rush processing.
|30-day Visa||7 days||4 days|
|60-day Visa||7 days||4 days|
How much does a Tourist e-Visa for Madagascar cost?
Travelers visiting Madagascar from Sweden can get an e-Visa upon arrival to Madagascar (Landing Authorization). The prices vary based on the length of stay desired.
|30-day Visa||USD 37.00||USD 37.00|
|60-day Visa||USD 45.00||USD 45.00|
Don’t forget that you'll have to pay for your visa once you arrive in Madagascar. iVisa will provide you with the Tourist e-Visa Landing Authorization to make the paperwork process simple and easy.
What documents do I need to apply for an e-Visa to Madagascar?
Make sure to have the following documents with you for when you apply for a visa to enter Madagascar:
- VALID PASSPORT - Your Sweden passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months to enter Madagascar. Check that you have two blank pages for stamping.
- RETURN/ONWARD TICKET - You will need to prove to Madagascar Immigration officers that you will be leaving Madagascar and either returning home or going to another country before or on the expiration date of your visa.
- PASSPORT SCAN - iVisa will need to be able to securely process your online visa application, so we require a scanned copy of the passport biography.
- EMAIL ADDRESS - After your email address has been provided to us, iVisa will send all visas and visas on arrival to this address.
- PAYMENT METHOD - We accept credit and debit cards like Visa and MasterCard, and we also accept PayPal.
How many times can I enter Madagascar with my e-Visa on Arrival?
If you have a 30-day e-Visa, you will have a Single Entry visa.
If you have a 60-day e-Visa, you will have a Single Entry
Online Visas for Madagascar | Sweden Citizens
We know that tourists want a safe and quick visa application method in today's ever-changing landscape. That's why e-Visas have been created. Much faster than traditional methods, our simple e-Visa application has helped tourists from around the world get to their location faster and without having to visit an embassy.
We welcome you to Madagascar! Click the chat bubble icon at the bottom right corner of this page for more information.