Traveling to Madagascar is not possible unless you get an authorized document, which can be a visa or landing authorization. Fortunately, you can obtain this document through a foreign representative such as the Embassy of Madagascar or using an online eVisa application, and iVisa can help you with this process.
As we mentioned above, the Madagascar eVisa for Filipinos is better known as Landing Authorization. This document is quite easy to get with an online application, all you have to do is to follow the instructions below.
Frequently asked questions / FAQs
Do I need a visa to visit Madagascar if I'm Filipino?
More than a visa, what you need is a *Landing Authorization**, which can be obtained through an embassy or by applying online.
Can citizens of Philippines apply for a Madagascar visa online?
The answer is yes. All nationalities can apply online for a Madagascar visa unless they are visa-exempt, and citizens of the Philippines are not.
How long can I stay in Madagascar?
You can stay in Madagascar for 30 days Per Entry.
What do I need to apply for a Madagascar visa online?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much to apply for a Madagascar visa online. Here is that you must have at hand during the application process:
- Valid Passport – You must be a passport holder to receive your online authorization. Plus, this document must stay valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Madagascar.
- Valid Photo – you must ensure that the picture is the most recent possible. You should carry two passport size photos as well.
- Valid e-mail address – you obtain your Landing Authorization via e-mail, so you need to offer a valid e-mail address.
- Payment options – iVisa allows you to pay with credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. iVisa gives you two options for both, 30- and 60-days eVisa when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 days.
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 days.
How much does a Madagascar e-visa cost?
The amount of money you will spend on your Madagascar visa is determined by the processing timeframe you select. The price doesn't include the government fee that you need to pay upon arrival.
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – USD 30.00
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – USD 30.00
How long is the Madagascar Visa valid for?
The 30 days Madagascar Landing Authorization is valid for 30 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry eVisa, and the maximum stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
The 60 days Madagascar Landing Authorization is valid for 60 days after arrival upon arrival. This is a Single Entry eVisa, and the maximum stay is of 60 days Per Entry.
Does the Madagascar Visa have special requirements?
The embassies of Madagascar will also handle visa applications for the citizens of the Philippines. Applicants are required to carry a copy of their visa at all times during their stay. Once the 60 days have passed, you can apply for a visa renewal at the Madagascar Immigration Headquarters office.
How can I apply for the Landing Authorization?
You can begin to fill in the online form once you have collected all of the documents required. You only have to follow these three steps:
First, you need to provide your information. In this part, you also require to choose the processing time.
The second step will ask you to proceed with a revision of the information offered and make the payment.
The third and last step is to upload additional documents if necessary.
Consider that getting a Landing Authorization for Madagascar does not provide you an automatic right of entry. The immigration officer at the port of entry could refuse entry to any person.
When should I apply for my Landing Authorization?
The eVisa application should be submitted at least 3 days before arrival and the document for 30 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 30 days Per Entry. The document for 60 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 60 days Per Entry.
Is it safe to obtain my Landing Authorization with iVisa's services?
Yes, it is! We have a professional team that has been granting Landing Authorizations since 2013.
If you want to verify how professional our services are, check out our testimonials with more than 19,000 reviews from Trustpilot.