Traveling to Madagascar is hard if you don't get a visa. For your convenience, you can obtain visa at the border on arrival, through a foreign representative such as the Embassy of Madagascar or using an online eVisa application, and iVisa can help you with this online process. The easiest and recommended way of applying for this eVisa is through an online eVisa site. The eVisa application should be submitted at least 3 days before arrival.
Keep in mind that the document for 30 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 30 days Per Entry. The document for 60 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 60 days Per Entry.
To learn more about the online application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do I need a visa to enter Madagascar?
If you're from Mauritius you don't need a visa per sé, what you need is a Landing Authorization, which can be obtained online just like an eVisa.
Can Mauritian citizens apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization online?
The short answer is yes. Many nationalities can apply online for a Madagascar Landing Authorization. The only exception is the visa-free countries
What do I need to apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much to apply for a Madagascar L.A. online. Here is what you must have at hand during the application process:
- Valid Passport – You must be a passport owner to apply online. Plus, this document must remain valid for at least 6 months from the flying date in Madagascar.
- Digital Photo – You must make sure that the picture was taken recently. Remember to take this picture with a white background. You should also carry two passport size photos to attach to the application.
- E-mail address – the Madagascar Landing Authorization arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. iVisa provides you two options for both, 30- and 60-days visa, when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can select:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – your Madagascar Landing Authorization arrives in 6 Business Days.
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – your online application is ready within just 4 Business Days.
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 6 Business Days.
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – your application is processed in only 4 Business Days.
How much does a Madagascar L.A. cost?
The amount of money you will spend on your Madagascar Landing Authorization is determined by the processing timeframe you select. They are as follows:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
Does the Madagascar Visa have special requirements?
The embassies of Madagascar will also handle visa applications for the citizens of Mauritius. Applicants are required to carry a copy of their visa at all times during their stay. Once the 60 days have passed, you can apply for a visa renewal at the Madagascar Immigration Headquarters office.
What are the Madagascar Visa processing time and fees?
Just like we mentioned before, the cost of a Madagascar Landing Authorization depends on the processing timeframe you select during the application process. Here is what you can choose from.
- Standard processing for 30 days – it takes 6 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 30 days – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
- Standard processing for 60 days – it takes 6 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 60 days – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
How long is the Madagascar Visa valid for?
The 30 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 30 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
The 60 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 60 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 60 days Per Entry.
How much time do I need to apply?
You only need at least 20 minutes to complete the online form.
How can I apply for the Madagascar Landing Authorization?
You can fill in the online application form once you have all of the documents required. You also have to follow these steps:
Firstly, you must provide general information. In this part, you also have to choose the type of VOA and the processing time. Those factors will determine the total price of your eVisa.
The second step will ask you to do a revision of the information offered and proceed with the payment.
The third and final step is to upload additional documents if required.
Keep in mind that getting a Landing Authorization for Madagascar does not offer you an automatic right of entry. The immigration officer at the port of entry may refuse the final entry.
Is it safe to get my Landing Authorization with iVisa's services?
Yes, it is. We have an experienced team that has been issuing Landing Letters for more than 6 years, so you can feel convinced that you're working just with the best possible to make your travel easier.
If you want to check how professional iVisa's services are, check out our testimonials with more than 19,000 reviews from Trustpilot.
How does this Landing Authorization look like?