Traveling to Madagascar is not possible unless you get a visa. Fortunately, you can obtain visa at the border on arrival, through a foreign representative such as the Embassy of Madagascar or using an online eVisa application, and iVisa can help with the process.
The easiest and most recommended way of applying the visa to Madagascar is through their online e-Visa site. The eVisa application should be submitted at least 3 days before arrival and the document for 30 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 30 days Per Entry. The document for 60 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 60 days Per Entry.
To learn more about the online application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Pakistan citizens apply for a Madagascar visa online?
The answer is yes. All nationalities can apply online for a Madagascar visa unless they are visa exempt. However, consider that the document we provide in iVisa is simply a Landing Authorization, not the visa per sé. Once you get your authorization, you're allowed to show this document upon arrival and then pay the visa fee so you can easily receive your stamp an enter the country.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Possession of a Landing Authorization for Madagascar does not provide automatic right of entry for the holder into the country. The immigration officer at the port of entry may refuse entry to any person, consider that before travelin
What is a Madagascar Landing Authorization?
It's an special system that the republic of Madagascar launched in 2017 to offer electronic visas on arrival for touristic purposes. The Landing Authorization application process is simple and registration is completed 100% online.
How long can Pakistani citizens stay in Madagascar?
If you're from Pakistan you can stay there for 30 days Per Entry.
What do I need to apply for a Madagascar visa online?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much to apply for a Madagascar visa online. Here is that you must have at hand during the application process:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Madagascar. At least two blank pages are also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white. If the visa will be done on arrival to the country, the applicant should carry two passport size photos to attach to the application.
- E-mail address – the Madagascar visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. iVisa gives you two options for both, 30- and 60-days visa, when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 6 business days.
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 business days.
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 6 business days.
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 business days.
How much does a Madagascar e-visa cost?
The amount of money you will spend on your Madagascar visa is determined by the processing timeframe you select. They are as follows:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
Does the Madagascar Visa have special requirements?
The embassies of Madagascar will also handle visa applications for the citizens of Pakistan. Applicants are required to carry a copy of their visa at all times during their stay. Once the first 60 days has passed visitors are able to apply for a visa renewal at the Madagascar Immigration Headquarters office.
What are the Madagascar Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Madagascar e-visa, the cost of a Madagascar Visa depends on the processing timeframe you select during the application process. Here is what you can choose from.
- Standard processing for 30 days – it takes 6 business days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 30 days – your visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
- Standard processing for 60 days – it takes 6 business days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 60 days – your visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
How long is the Madagascar Visa valid for?
The 30 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 30 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
The 60 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 60 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 60 days Per Entry.
How long does it take to apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization?
Filling in the application form for this document should take you less than 10 minutes.
How can I apply for it?
The application form we provide in iVisa is broken down into three easy steps, and if you are in need of help, iVisa’s awesome support service will take your call 24/7 and will guide you through the entire process.
First, you just have to complete your application form online.
Second, you move to complete all your info as well as upload additional documents (passport photo and a photo scan of your passport could be necessary) and also proceed with the payment.
Lastly, once we have your details, the passport photo and the passport photo information, we will send you the authorization.
Click here to apply at the moment. Once you complete all the 3-steps process, just wait for your authorization to arrive in your e-mail inbox in the timeframe you chose. It is as simple as that.
Do I need a printed copy of the Madagascar Landing Authorization?
YES, especially because you'll show it to the Immigration officers in order to proceed with the last part of the process.
How does the Electronic Landing Authorization look like?
This is how your document will look like:
What can I do if I make a mistake in my application form?
Just in case you made the mistake while entering the form, then you just need to contact one of our customer service representatives immediately. We will be ready to help you out anytime.
In case we already submitted your application, you will NOT be able to make any changes and you will have to apply once more.
Is it safe to use iVisa?
With iVisa's services, your personal data could not be safer since we offer you maximum safety for it, confidentiality, and we invest a lot in this aspect. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.
I have more unresolved questions, where can I find more info?
If you have some specific questions you need to solve, then click here and start chatting with one of our customer service representatives. Alternatively, you can also find more valuable info and FAQs here.