Are you going to travel from Portugal to Madagascar or stop there on your trip? All travelers from Portugal have a choice between a 30-day visa and a 60-day tourist visa. Madagascar encourages Portuguese nationals to obtain a visa on arrival online, and when you arrive in Madagascar for vacation, you can show this to Immigration officials and pay for your visa on arrival. Now, it is quicker than ever to obtain a Madagascar visa online.
Read our FAQs for specifics on how to obtain a Madagascar visa as a citizen of Portugal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If I am from Portugal, can I get a Madagascar visa online?
Yes. You can purchase a Madagascar Tourist e-Visa Landing Authorization online more quickly than waiting at an embassy or consulate.
What are my options for online visas for Madagascar?
You have a choice between a 30-day or 60-day e-Visa.
30-day visas are good for 30 days after arrival with a maximum stay of 30 days Per Entry.
60-day visas are good for 60 days after arrival with a maximum stay of 60 days Per Entry.
How long will it take to get my Tourist e-Visa for Madagascar?
It depends between the 30- or 60-day visa on arrival, and whether you decide between Standard or Rush processing times. For a faster visa processing time, choose Rush.
|30-day Visa||6 business days||4 business days|
|60-day Visa||6 business days||4 business days|
How much does a Tourist e-Visa for Madagascar cost?
Portuguese visitors to Madagascar can get an e-Visa on Arrival (Landing Authorization) for varying prices depending on how long you want to be in Madagascar.
|30-day Visa||USD 0.00||USD 0.00|
|60-day Visa||USD 0.00||USD 0.00|
Remember that you will need to pay for your Visa on Arrival at the port of entry when you arrive in Madagascar. Entry is up to border patrol at the time of arrival. iVisa gives you with the Tourist e-Visa Landing Authorization to make entering into Madagascar faster upon landing.
What documents do I need to apply for an e-Visa to Madagascar?
You will need the following documents as a Portuguese national to apply for a visa and to enter Madagascar:
- VALID PASSPORT - Your government-issued passport has to be valid for at least 6 months to enter Madagascar properly. You will need two blank passport pages for stamping.
- RETURN/ONWARD TICKET - Madagascar Immigration officials must see that you will be exiting Madagascar and either going back home or traveling to another country before or on the expiration date of your visa.
- PASSPORT SCAN - iVisa needs to be able to securely process your online visa application, so we will need a scanned copy of the passport biography.
- EMAIL ADDRESS - Be sure to give a current email address because we send all visas and visas on arrival (Landing Authorizations) to the email address you enter on your application.
- PAYMENT METHOD - iVisa is able to take credit and debit cards like Visa and MasterCard, and we also accept PayPal.
How many times can I enter Madagascar with my e-Visa on Arrival?
If you have a 30-day e-Visa, you will have a Single Entry visa.
If you have a 60-day e-Visa, you will have a Single Entry
Online Visas for Madagascar | Portugal Citizens
All travelers desire secure, quick options for planning their trips around the world. That’s why we launched iVisa. Your online Madagascar visa application process has proven to be safe, efficient, and easier than in-person applications. Join the thousands of successful clients who have used our services.
We hope you enjoy your leisure time in the Republic of Madagascar. If you have more specific questions, click on the chat bubble in the lower right-hand corner.