Citizens of all countries must consider if they need to apply for a visa to enter Madagascar. Visas can be bought on arrival at the point of entry. But for a faster and easier option the applicant can apply for a visa online before coming to Madagascar. The document for 30 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 30 days Per Entry . The document for 60 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 60 days Per Entry . To learn more about the online application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Who can apply for a Madagascar visa online?
Nationals of any country, except Palestine, can apply online for a Madagascar visa.
What is a Madagascar e-Visa on Arrival?
The Madagascar Tourist e-Visa on Arrival is a Landing Authorization document that all those who wish to visit Madagascar must have for tourism purposes before entering the country.
Once the application is submitted and accepted, you will receive a Landing Authorization that must be shown to the immigration officers upon arrival in Madagascar. After that, you will have to pay an extra fee in person according to the visa validity you select.
What do I need to apply for a Madagascar visa online?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much to apply for a Madagascar visa online. Here is that you must have at hand during the application process:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Madagascar. At least two blank pages are also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Madagascar visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. iVisa gives you four options when it comes to processing time, according to the amount of days you want to stay, so that you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 6 Business Days.
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 Business Days.
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 6 Business Days.
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 Business Days.
How much does a Madagascar e-visa cost?
The amount of money you will spend on your Madagascar visa is determined by the processing timeframe you select, so it's related to the previos options we mentioned. They are as follows:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
Does the Madagascar Visa have special requirements?
Madagascar does not recognize passports issued by the Palestinian government and therefore Palestine passport holders are not able to obtain a visa for Madagascar.
Applicants are required to carry a copy of their visa at all times during their stay. Once the first 60 days has passed visitors are able to apply for a visa renewal at the Madagascar Immigration Headquarters office. It is no longer possible to apply for the 90 days visa on arrival. All visas exceeding 60 days should be applied in advance through an embassy or another representative of Madagascar.
What are the Madagascar Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Madagascar e-visa, the cost of a Madagascar Visa depends on the processing timeframe you select during the application process. Here is what you can choose from.
- Standard processing for 30 days – it takes 6 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 30 days – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
- Standard processing for 60 days – it takes 6 Business Days, for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 60 days – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 20.00
How long is the Madagascar Visa valid for?
The 30 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 30 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
The 60 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 60 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 60 days Per Entry.
How much time do I need to apply for this VOA?
In just some minutes you're ready. Within just 20 minutes or even less you're ready with your document.
How can I apply for this Landing Authorization?
You can start completing the online form once you have collected all of the things you're required. You also have to complete the following steps:
Firstly, you have to give general info. In this part, you also select the type of your VOA and the processing time. Those factors will help determine the cost.
The second step will ask you to do a revision of the information provided and make the payment.
Step three is where you have to upload additional documents. The number and type of the document will be case to case basis.
Keep in mind that having a Landing Authorization for Madagascar does not gives you an automatic right of entry. The immigration officer at the port of entry may refuse entry to any person if they think that the person is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements of Madagascar.
Can I travel to Madagascar just with the printed Authorization?
Yes, that's all you need, but remember that you have to show this document to the Immigration officers before entering the country. Otherwise, you could easily be rejected.
How does this Landing Authorization letter look like?
Is it safe to get my Landing Authorization with iVisa's services?
It is, especially because of we have a skillful team that has been issuing Landing Letters since 2013, so you can be sure that you're working just with the best possible to make your journey easier.
If you want to know how professional our services are, check out our testimonials with more than 17,000 reviews from Trustpilot.