The fastest and easiest option to apply for a visa to Madagascar is through iVisa online application. There will be a small additional cost as a processing fee when applying online, but otherwise, the price on applications sent online or visa processes on arrival are the same.
It is also possible to apply through a Madagascar embassy. However, additional charges will apply and it's probably harder to get your visa this way. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply online as it will allow fast entry to Madagascar on arrival.
All visas will be paid on arrival and the accepted currencies are US dollar, Euro or Malagasy ariary. The document for 30 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 30 days Per Entry. The document for 60 days you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Madagascar for no more than 60 days Per Entry.
To learn more about the online application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Who can apply for a Madagascar visa online?
Nationals of any country, except Palestine, can apply online for a Madagascar visa.
Does iVisa offer the actual visa for Madagascar?
NO, we do not. What we offer is a Landing Authorization that will simplify the process to get your visa to Madagascar since you won't have to do long lines or something similar at all.
What do I need to apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much to apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization online. Here is that you must have at hand during the application process:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Madagascar. At least two blank pages are also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Madagascar visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. iVisa gives you two options when it comes to processing times so that you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 days.
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 days.
How much does a Madagascar Landing Authorization cost?
The amount of money you will spend on your Madagascar visa is determined by the processing timeframe you select. They are as follows:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – USD 20.00
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – USD 20.00
Does the Madagascar Visa have special requirements?
Madagascar does not recognize passports issued by the Palestinian government and therefore Palestine passport holders are not able to obtain a visa for Madagascar. Applicants are required to carry a copy of their visa at all times during their stay. Once the first 60 days have passed visitors are able to apply for a visa renewal at the Madagascar Immigration Headquarters office. It is no longer possible to apply for the 90 days visa on arrival. All visas exceeding 60 days should be applied in advance through an embassy or another representative of Madagascar.
What are the Madagascar Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Madagascar e-visa, the cost of a Madagascar Visa depends on the processing timeframe you select during the application process. Here is what you can choose from.
- Standard processing for 30 days – it takes 7 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 30 days – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
- Standard processing for 60 days – it takes 7 days, for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 60 days – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
How long is the Madagascar Landing Authorization valid for?
The 30 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 30 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
The 60 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 60 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 60 days Per Entry.
How does the Landing Authorization letter look like?
Is it safe to get my Landing Authorization with iVisa?
Yes, of course, especially because we have a skillful and professional team that has been issuing Landing Letters for six years and counting, so you can be sure that you're working just with the best possible to make your journey easier.
If you want to know how professional our services are, check out our testimonials with more than 17,000 reviews from Trustpilot.