Going to Malawi requires a visa if you are a citizen of Papua New Guinea. Requirements include having a visa with six months of validity and providing proof you have a hotel room or place to stay during your visit to Malawi. Getting a visa can now be done online thanks to the electronic visa program.
The e-Visa program offers an online application for Malawi visas. That means you can apply from your smartphone or computer anywhere as long as you have an internet access.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Queries
What is the longest time I can stay in Malawi with an e-Visa?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
Does obtaining an e-Visa guarantee me entry into Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi would affect national interests or security, then you may be asked to leave the country.
What types of personal information must I have to apply for a visa online?
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa which will speed up your process:
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Passport Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
- Proof of Lodging - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
Does my child need additional information for the e-Visa program?
Yes. Children will also need the following to apply and enter the country:
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Letter of Consent - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
Application Processing Speeds
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Are there limits on how many times I can enter Malawi?
Yes, there are limits. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas limit the holder to one entry through one port of entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
How does processing speed affect the cost of the visa application?
The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Malawi Visa Holder - Know Your Visa’s Expiration Date
Your visa will expire so make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a Papua New Guinea citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
Papua New Guinea Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Feel free to start the e-Visa application at any time. It will quicken the time it takes to get your visa, and you can do it all online by your own schedule.
Don’t miss out on the Malawi trip of a lifetime. Use iVisa’s online e-Visa application and secure your travel documents.