When you are traveling abroad, it's important to know what travel documents your destination country requires of you. The Malawi immigration department will require you, as a citizen of Argentina, to obtain a visa. You can begin your e-visa application here. Your e-visa will serve as an official travel document at the port of entry and during your time in Malawi.
So, what is the application like? How long is an e-visa valid for? Will I need to bring my passport with me? Do kids need visas? All of these questions and more are answered in the FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Documents Does the Application Ask For?
The Malawi immigration department guidelines dictate that Argentine Citizens and citizens from other countries that do not have visa-free access submit the following documents with their e-visa application:
- A Photo
- A copy of passport details page
- Evidence of accommodation during your stay in Malawi
Do My Children Need e-Visas to Travel to Malawi?
Yes, your children will need their own visas. For application that are for minors, the following additional documents are requested in the application:
- The minor's birth certificate
- The minor's legal guardian's passport page
- Consent letter
Do I Need to Print My e-Visa When I Travel to Malawi?
No. Citizens of The Argentine Republic will not need to carry a paper version of their e-visa.
How Quickly Will My Application Be Processed?
Depends. You will get to choose how long it takes for your e-visa application to be processed. iVisa provides the Citizens of The Argentine Republic with three processing options: standard, rush, and super rush.
- Standard Processing: Your application will be processed in 8 Business Days
- Rush Processing: Your application will be processed in 7 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: Your application will be processed in 5 Business Days
How Much Does a Malawi e-Visa Cost for Citizens of The Argentine Republic?
It depends. iVisa provides three pricing options that are dictated by the processing speed chosen for the application. The Malawian e-visa costs are:
- Standard Processing Price: (includes cost of visa and processing fees) USD 77.00
- Rush Processing Price: (includes cost of visa and processing fees) USD 102.00
- Super Rush Processing Price: (includes cost of visa and processing fees) USD 127.00
Are Malawi Visas Valid for Multiple Entry for Argentine Citizens?
Your Malawi e-visa is approved for Single Entry. Your stay can be extended by applying at the Malawi embassy.
When Does My Malawi Visa Expire?
The expiration of your e-visa is 90 days after issued.
How Long Can My Stay in Malawi Be with an e-Visa?
Argentine citizens with the Malawi e-visa are approved for a max stay of 30 days Per Entry. e-visa
Do I Need to Have My Passport?
Yes. All travelers from The Argentine Republic who wish to travel to Malawi must have their passport. Your passport needs to be valid for at least six months after you arrive in Malawi. This applies to visa holders as well as those from visa-free countries. Children are also not exempt from this rule.