Malawi e-Visa for Citizens of Chad

Malawi e-Visa for Citizens of Chad

iVisa | Updated on Feb 04, 2020

When you are planning a trip, the 1st question you have to ask yourself is, "Where am I going?" Once you have answered that question, you can move on to your 2nd question: "Do I need a visa?" Many countries offer different types of visas, so it's important to know which one you need to apply for.


If you are a citizen of Chad who wants to travel to the country of Malawi, you will need an e-visa. The application, while not complicated, can be very specific so it is important to follow the directions exactly. To help you out, we've assembled some of the information that you will need in order to successfully submit your application. See FAQ below.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Do I Need a Paper Copy of My e-Visa?

Paper copies are not required by the country of Malawi. Even though they are not required, it is still a good idea to print out your e-visa just in case there are any complications.

What Is the Processing Time and Price for a Malawian e-Visa for Chad Citizens?

Citizens of Chad are given three options for how quickly their application will be processed. Each option is priced differently.

  • Standard Processing: Processed in: 8 days (Price: USD 77.00)
  • Rush Processing: Processed in: 7 days (Price: USD 102.00)
  • Super Rush Processing: Processed in: 5 days (Price: USD 127.00)

Can I Use Chad Currency to Pay for My e-Visa?

The only currently accepted currency for the e-visa is the US dollar.

What Is the Multiple Entry Policy for the Malawi e-Visa for citizens of Chad?

The e-visa that is provided for citizens of Chad currently allows a Single Entry.

How Long is My e-Visa Valid For?

You are able to use your e-visa for Malawi for 90 days after issued.

If you do not use your e-visa during that time, you will not receive a refund and you will not be able to use it in the future. You will need to apply for a new visa.

What is the Max Stay allowed for Chad Citizens with a Malawian e-Visa?

The Malawi government has restricted holders of the Malawi e-visa to trips that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.

Staying past your allowed limit may result in being fined.

Do I Need My Chad Passport with Me in Malawi?

Yes, you must have your passport. Your passport needs to retain validity for at least six months after your arrival in Malawi.

Does an Approved e-Visa Guarantee Entry into Malawi?

No. Malawi reserves the right to refuse anyone entrance into their country. If you have an e-visa, you can still be refused. Malawi reserves the right to not disclose the reasons for which you are denied entry into their country.

What Documents Does the Application Ask For?

  • A photo of the applicant
  • A copy of your passport details page
  • Evidence of accommodation during your stay in Malawi

Do My Children Need e-Visas to Travel to Malawi?

Yes. Their applications will need:

  • The minor's birth certificate
  • The minor's legal guardian's passport page
  • Consent letter
Share this article on:
Need Help?