Citizens of Luxembourg are allowed to visit Malawi with a visa. To obtain a visa, most people go to the embassy or consulate. To make it easier to get a visa, the Malawi Immigration Department released the e-Visa program in November 2019.
This new digital visa program allows foreign nationals to get an e-Visa online. Using this process saves a lot of time and effort in planning a trip.
The Malawi e-Visa Process | Frequently Asked Questions
Processing Speed Choices
We currently offer three different processing speeds. Choose one based on how fast you want your e-Visa.
- Standard Processing normally takes about 8 Business Days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 Business Days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing normally takes about 5 Business Days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Is it necessary to print out my e-Visa?
Check your email. That’s where we will send your e-Visa once it is processed. You may use this digital version as an official document to enter Malawi. Also, e-Visas are linked to your passport electronically.
If you would like to, it can be a good idea to print your visa. Cell phone batteries lose power and mistakes happen.
e-Visa Prices with Processing
The total cost of applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total will be USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total will be USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total will be USD 127.00.
Expiration Date of a Malawi e-Visa for Business, Tourism
As a Luxembourg citizen, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What is the Malawi visa? Why do I need it?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. The e-Visa is also electronically linked to your personal passport.
Entry Class for the Visa
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single-entry visa means you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back into Malawi.
Maximum Stay Allowed by e-Visa
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
Necessary Personal Information for Application and Entry
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi officials if you have been in a country with a high risk of getting yellow fever.
- Proof of Accommodation - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Luxembourg
If you are traveling from Luxembourg, apply early for your e-Visa to Malawi to give yourself the security of knowing you are ready.
Need more answers? Chat with our 24/7 customer service team members. Click on the chat bubble below!