Instead of going to the consulate or embassy to get your visa, you can now apply for an electronic visa online to go to Malawi. Macao nationals are eligible for an e-Visa. To obtain one for your trip, you can apply online from your smartphone or laptop.
Once you apply, you will receive an email with your e-Visa attached. Bring it with you on your trip, and it will get you into Malawi at your designated port of entry.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
How long do I have to use my e-Visa before expiration?
As a Macao citizen, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What processing speeds do you offer?
We offer three different processing speeds. Choose one based on how fast you want your e-Visa.
- Standard Processing normally takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing normally takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
e-Visa Prices with Processing
The final cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total will be USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total will be USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total will be USD 127.00.
What does the Malawi e-Visa do?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. The e-Visa is also electronically linked to your personal passport.
Do I need to print out my visa for the trip?
Your e-Visa will be sent to your email. You may use this digital version as an official document to enter Malawi. Also, e-Visas are linked to your passport electronically.
If you would like to, it can be a good idea to print. Cell phone batteries lose power and mistakes happen.
What is the entry limit into Malawi as an e-Visa holder?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single-entry visa means you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back into Malawi.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Malawi with a visa?
All visas have a time limitation to keep people from trying to stay in the country permanently. Make sure to plan your trip accordingly so you leave before your last day.
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
To apply for a visa online, what information should I have ready?
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Passport Personal Details Scan - Make sure to have 6 months or more of validity left on your passport from the day you plan to arrive in Malawi. You will need to submit a scan of the personal details page of your passport with your application.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - Do you live or have you recently been to a country that has a high risk of yellow fever? You will need to have a yellow fever vaccination certificate to enter Malawi.
- Proof of Accommodation - A reservation receipt with a confirmation number or a letter from a friend or family member works to show you have a place to stay while in the country.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Macao
Anyone from Macao that is thinking of going to Malawi for business or leisure should save time and apply for a Malawi e-Visa online. Then, you can continue with your planning and be finished with your travel document worries.
We’ve helped thousands of travelers with their documents. Let us help make your trip easier to plan for.