The Malawi Department of Immigration and Citizenship initiated an online visa program starting November of 2019. Citizens from more than 200 countries are now have access to the e-Visa process, including citizens of Mali. You’re now able to use any smart device that has online access to apply for an e-Visa to visit Malawi.
Getting your e-Visa for Malawi is a simple and secure online process that only takes a few minutes to complete.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
Why do I need a Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa is an online version of the standard paper visa, that allows you to enter Malawi legally. It replaces the old way of carrying a paper visa when you travel.
How long do I have to wait to get my e-Visa to visit Malawi?
The time it takes to get your visa depends on what level of processing you need, and how fast you need to obtain your visa. The approximate wait time for a visa, according to the processing speed, are the following:
- Standard Processing it normally takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing it normally takes about 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing it normally takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
How many entries into Malawi am I allowed with the visa I am applying for?
This e-Visa for Malawi that you are applying for is a Single Entry visa.
How long do I have until my e-Visa is no longer valid?
As a citizen of Mali, you will have a timeframe of 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires and is no longer valid for travel.
How much will a visa to visit Malawi cost me?
The price for applying for a visa online costs more if you need us to speed up the application process, based upon your travel plans or personal needs. The cost of applying is as follows:
- Standard: USD 77.00.
- Rush: USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: USD 127.00.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay as a visitor in Malawi for a holiday, using a visa?
Each visa has a limit on how long you can stay in any foreign country. The maximum stay in Malawi with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry. Make sure that you plan your trip around this timeframe, so that you leave before your visa’s final day, while your Malawi e-Visa remains legally valid for travel.
Do I need to gather a lot of documents in order to apply for a visa to visit Malawi?
You will need a few things when you apply for an e-Visa:
- A Scan Of Your Passport’s Personal Details - The bio page of your passport, which contains your personal details, will need to be clearly scanned and submitted with your other application items. Your current passport must not expire for at least six months from the day you intend to arrive in Malawi in order to be approved for a travel visa to Malawi.
- A Recent Photo - You’ll need a photo that is formatted the same way as a standard passport photo, and was taken recently. If you have questions regarding what a standard passport photo is, or don’t know where to get one, feel free to use the chat bubble on the lower right corner of the page and one of our operators will assist you with your question.
- Proof of Accommodation/Where You Will Stay - Your host, your host organization, or your hotel must provide to complete your application. Your reservation details, including your name, the name of the hotel, and your dates of arrival and departure must be provided. If you are staying at a private residence, the host or host organization must write a short letter detailing the dates of your stay, who you are staying with, and where you are staying.
What do I do if my application for a visa is rejected?
If, in the unlikely event your visa application is not approved for travel to Malawi, you should first review all of the necessary documents that you provided to us upon your initial application for an e-Visa for any clerical errors or problems.
You should not attempt to enter Malawi before a legal visa has been issued to you through the proper channels.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Mali
Arrive in the country with an e-Visa already on your phone or other smart device, and there will be no reason to waste time traveling to an embassy or consulate to get a visa. There is more time left to enjoy your African holiday with the convenience of a Malawi e-Visa.
Do you still have questions? How can we assist you? Please click the chat bubble on the lower right corner of this page to access our helpful operators, who will assist you with any questions you might still have.