If you are visiting Malawi as a foreign citizen of Monaco, you will need a visa to get into the country legally. To obtain a visa, for security reasons, you must fill out an application and provide the necessary information. The electronic visa program was launched in 2019 by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Services in Malawi to help tourists get a visa faster and easier.
You can fill out an application online for an e-Visa. Then, you’ll receive a digital copy of your visa in your email inbox. It can be used at the airport or other port of entry just like a standard paper visa.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Questions
Does my child need additional information for the e-Visa program?
Yes. The following will also be required for children to apply and enter the country:
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Take with you your child's birth certificate if they're a minor.
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - Your personal passport identification page will need to be checked.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
How long do I get to stay in Malawi holding an e-Visa?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
Choices for Processing Speed for Visas Online
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Is there a limit on entries into the country?
Yes, there is a limit. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visa limits the holder to one entry through one port-of-entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
How does the speed of processing affect the visa application cost?
The total price for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Malawi Visa Holder - Know Your Visa’s Expiration Date
Make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a Monaco citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
What kind of personal information do I need to apply for an electronic visa?
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa, which will speed up your process:
- Passport Bio Page Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Passport Photo - Please be prepared to upload a passport photo for your visa.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
- Proof of Lodging - Display that you've got a place to live while in Malawi.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
Does obtaining an e-Visa guarantee me entry into Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi would affect national interests or security, then you may be asked to leave the country.
Monaco Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Regardless of the reason you want to visit Malawi, it is great to get away. Be sure you are prepared by filling out a visa application online at least a few weeks before your trip.
Thousands have used iVisa’s online visa process with success. You can, too. Safe travel to Malawi, the Warm Heart of Africa.