Citizens of Montserrat can enter Malawi as long as they have the appropriate visa documents. Just make sure your passport is valid for at least six months from the day you plan to arrive in Malawi.
Many people go to an embassy or consulate to get a visa. But travelers can now enter to Malawi by applying for a visa online. This e-Visa program was designed to inspire more travelers to Malawi by making it easier to get there.
The application process for an e-Visa is easier than having to go to the consulate or embassy. We will send your e-Visa to your email address, and you will be able to print it out if you prefer. It is the exact same as a standard visa.
The Malawi e-Visa Process | Frequently Asked Questions
e-Visa Prices with Processing
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
What is the Malawi visa? Why do I need it?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. Your e-Visa will be electronically attached to your passport as well.
Selecting a Processing Speed for Your Application
We offer three different processing speeds. Choose one based on how fast you want your e-Visa.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
When will my visa expire?
As a Montserrat citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
What does the e-Visa for Malawi look like?
Your e-Visa contains your personal information, your travel information, a QR code for scanning at the Malawi border, and a bar code for security. Here's a sample for your reference.
e-Visa Travel Allowance Per Visa
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
Entry Class for the Visa
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas mean you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back to Malawi.
Application Information Needed and What to Have for Entry to Malawi
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Passport Personal Details Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date and a detailed bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi officials if you have been in a country with a high risk of yellow fever.
- Proof of Accommodation - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Montserrat
If you are traveling from Montserrat, apply early for your e-Visa to Malawi to give yourself the security of knowing you are ready.
Still have questions? Chat with our 24/7 customer service team members. Click on the chat bubble on the lower right side of your screen!