If you are visiting Malawi as a foreign citizen of Nicaragua, you will need a visa to get into the country legally. To get a visa, you must fill out an application and provide necessary information for security reasons. In 2019, Malawi’s Immigration and Citizenship Services Department released the electronic visa program to help visitors get a visa quicker and easier.
You can fill out an application online for an e-Visa. Then, you’ll receive a digital copy of your visa in your email inbox. It can be used at the airport or other port of entry just like a standard paper visa.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Questions
What is the longest time I can stay in Malawi with an e-Visa?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
Are there limits on how many times I can enter Malawi?
Yes, there are limits. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas limit the holder to one entry through one port-of-entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
We offer three processing speed selections during the application:
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
What choices do I have for how fast I can get a visa?
You have three selections. The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed choice:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total cost is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your e-Visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Malawi Visa Holder - Here is the Visa’s Expiration Date Information
Your visa will expire so make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a Nicaraguan citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
What types of personal information must I have to apply for a visa online?
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa, which will speed up your process:
- Passport Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
- Proof of Lodging - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
Does obtaining an e-Visa guarantee me entry into Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi would affect national interests or security, then you may be asked to leave the country.
Does my child need additional information for the e-Visa program?
Yes. Children will also need the following to apply and enter the country:
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
Nicaragua Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Feel free to start the e-Visa application at any time. It will quicken the time it takes to get your visa, and you can do it all online with your own schedule.
Don’t miss out on the Malawi trip of a lifetime. Use iVisa’s online e-Visa application and secure your travel documents.