Going to Malawi requires a visa if you are a citizen of Niger. Requirements include having a visa with six months of validity and providing proof that you have a hotel room or place to stay during your visit to Malawi. Getting a visa can now be done online thanks to the electronic visa program.
The e-Visa program offers an online application for Malawi visas. That means you can apply from your smartphone or computer anywhere as long as you have an internet. This provides a huge convenience for all foreign nationals traveling to Malawi.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Questions
What types of personal information must I have to apply for a visa online?
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa, which will speed up your process:
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Passport Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
- Proof of Lodging - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
Does obtaining an e-Visa guarantee me entry into Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi would affect national interests or security, then you may be asked to leave the country.
We offer three processing speed selections during the application:
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Does my child need additional information for the e-Visa program?
Yes. Children will also need the following to apply and enter the country:
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
What is the longest time I can stay in Malawi with an e-Visa?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
Are there limits on how many times I can enter Malawi?
Yes, there are limits. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas limit the holder to one entry through one port-of-entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
How does processing speed affect the cost of the visa application?
The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Malawi Visa Holder - Know Your Visa’s Expiration Date
Your visa will expire so make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a Niger citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
Niger Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
No matter what reason you may be going to Malawi, it is great to get away. Be sure you are prepared by filling out a visa application online at least a few weeks before your trip.
Thousands have used iVisa’s online visa process with success. You can, too. Safe travel to Malawi, the Warm Heart of Africa.