If you are visiting Malawi as a foreign citizen of Panama, you will need a visa to get to the country legally. To get a visa, you must fill out an application and provide the necessary information for security reasons. In 2019, Malawi’s Immigration and Citizenship Services Department released the electronic visa program to help visitors get a visa quicker and easier.
You can fill out an application online for an e-Visa. Then, you’ll receive a digital copy of your visa in your email inbox. It can be used at the airport or other port of entry just like a standard paper visa.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Questions
Processing – How Fast We Process Your Visa Application
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
What is the longest I can stay in Malawi with an e-Visa?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
Are there limits on how many times I can enter Malawi?
Indeed, there are boundaries. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas limit the holder to one entry through one port-of-entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
How much will my visa cost?
You have three selections. The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed choice:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total cost is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your e-Visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Malawi Visa Holder - Here is the Visa’s Expiration Date Information
As a Panamanian citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
What types of personal information must I have to apply for a visa online?
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa which will speed up your process:
- Passport Photo - Please be prepared to attach a passport photo for your visa.
- Proof of Lodging - Display that you've got a place to sleep in Malawi.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detailed bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
Does obtaining an e-Visa guarantee me entry into Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi has an effect on national interest or security interests, you may be barred from entering the country.
Does my child need additional information for the e-Visa program?
Yes. Children will also need the following to apply and enter the country:
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
Pamana Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
No matter what reason you may be going to Malawi, it is great to get away. Be sure you are prepared by filling out a visa application online at least a few weeks before your trip.
Thousands have used iVisa’s online visa process with success. You can, too. Safe travel to Malawi, the Warm Heart of Africa.