Malawi has recently released its electronic visa program, allowing people from over 200 countries including the citizens of Pitcairn an access to the e-Visa process. Application is simply completed online, from any smart device. Once your application is processed, we will send you a digital version of your Malawi e-Visa, which can be used exclusively for travel to Malawi, functioning exactly as any paper tourist visa, but with the convenience of a digital wallet.
Although the citizens of many countries are allowed to obtain an on-arrival visa from an immigration office after they land in Malawi if they possess a valid passport, Malawi visa requirements and restrictions vary greatly, depending on many variables, and Malawian immigration officials have the right to refuse entry to anyone, for any reason.
It is strongly recommended that you obtain your visa prior to your departure, to prevent any issues entering to Malawi that might ruin your vacation. The convenient and simple e-Visa for Malawi application can be done online, securely and in the comfort of your home.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is the Malawi e-Visa? Do I need a paper visa?
Digitization has made global travel easy and comfortable. The Malawi e-Visa is a legal visa that can be accessed from your smartphone or similar device in order to gain entry into Malawi and whenever needed while traveling within Malawi. See sample below:
Although the e-Visa functions paperless as your travel visa, it is strongly advised that people vacationing in Malawi additionally make a paper copy of both their visa and passport to carry with them during the length of their stay abroad.
How long will it take to process and receive my e-Visa for Malawi?
The processing time will determine how long it will take to obtain your e-Visa, and the processing time is based upon which of the three available processing speeds you choose:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 Business Days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes about 7 Business Days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 Business Days to approve the online application form to obtain your necessary travel documents.
How much will my e-Visa cost?
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based upon your processing speed selection plus the visa fee. Expedited processing will cost more than standard online processing.:
- Standard: With Standard Processing plus the visa cost, your total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing plus the visa cost, your total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing plus the visa cost, your total is USD 127.00.
How long is my e-Visa valid to use for entry into Malawi?
The e-Visa you are applying for in Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
How long will my visa be valid, and when does it expire?
As a citizen of Pitcairn, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What is the maximum amount of time I can spend in Malawi as a visitor by using the e-Visa I am applying for?
Just like all visas, there is a limit on the length of time they may be used to legally stay in Malawi.
The maximum time you can stay in Malawi with the visa you are applying for is 30 days Per Entry.
What documents and materials do I need to acquire to apply for an e-Visa to Malawi?
You will need to have the following items ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Applicant Photo - You need a recent photo of yourself that is suitable for use in a passport. You can obtain passport photos through many online services, and at many stores that process film or make digital prints. They can provide you with a photo that meets the requirements needed.
- Scanned Personal Passport Bio - The bio page of your passport must be scanned, and legible, clear printout of your passport bio must be submitted for approval.
- Written Proof of Accommodation - Written proof of your accommodations while in Malawi must be provided. Your hotel reservation dates or the itinerary of where you will be staying, including the location(s) of the hotel(s)/lodging you will be staying at, with your name on the reservations or itinerary, must be submitted.
- Proof of Vaccination - If you have ever traveled to a country that has caused you to potentially become exposed to yellow fever, you need to supply documentation that proves that you have been vaccinated against yellow fever before you can be issued a visa to Malawi.
Is my personal information safe, confidential, and secure when I use iVisa to apply for a digital visa?
Yes. iVisa vigilantly complies with a rigid system of verification to safeguard the privacy of any sensitive personal information that we collect while providing you with quality service.
Easy and Convenient e-Visa for Malawi | Citizens of Pitcairn
If the wonders of Malawi have attracted you to visit, then it’s easier than ever to obtain your travel documentation by filling out an e-Visa application online. Very recently developed for public use, the e-Visa has been designed to function securely and with ease, utilizing your smart device to store and display your travel documents, and bringing peace as you experience new cultures far from your home.
Do you have any questions or concerns? Use the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen to ask any questions you might have about obtaining and using an e-Visa for your trip to Malawi. Assistance is available 24/7.