The Malawi Department of Immigration and Citizenship released its digital visa program in November 2019. You’re now able to apply entirely online to apply for an e-Visa to visit Malawi.
This is a great way to save time when planning your trip abroad. Getting your e-Visa for Malawi is a simple, secure process that should only take you a few minutes to complete.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is the Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa is an document that you apply for online, which is accessed digitally on your own devices, and used like a standard travel visa.
Will the e-Visa eliminate the need for a paper visa entirely?
Yes. Although, it is recommended that you have at least one paper copy of your visa and passport printed out when traveling abroad.
How much will a visa to visit Malawi cost me?
Your cost for applying for a visa online increases if you need us to speed up the application process. The cost of applying is as follows:
- Standard: With Standard (normal) Processing and the price of your visa, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush (expedited) Processing and the cost of your visa, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush (fastest available) Processing and the price of your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
How long do I have to wait to get my e-Visa to visit Malawi?
The amount of time it takes to get your visa depends mostly on what level of processing you need:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes about 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
How many entries into Malawi am I allowed?
This e-Visa for Malawi that you are applying for is a Single Entry visa.
When will my e-Visa expire?
As a Polish citizen, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Malawi with a valid visa?
Every visa has a time limit on how long you can stay in a foreign country. Make sure to plan your trip accordingly so you can leave before your last available day.
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
Which documents do I need in order to apply for an e-Visa and enter Malawi?
You’ll need a few things when you apply for an e-Visa. Everything should be in digital format.
- A Recent Photo - formatted in the same way as a standard passport photo, and taken recently.
- A Scan Of Your Passport’s Personal Details - a clear scan of the bio page of your passport.
- Written Proof of Accommodation - Written proof of your accommodations while in Malawi must be provided: either by your paid lodging or your host.
- *Proof of Vaccination (when applicable)** - If you have ever traveled to a country that exposed you to yellow fever, you need documentation proving your vaccination for that disease.
What if I need to bring my kids along?
Each child will need to apply for a visa. You will need the following items to apply for your children:
- Birth Certificate - You’ll need to provide a legal birth certificate for all children you are applying for.
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information.
- Minor Consent Letter - Free minor travel consent forms can be easily found online.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Poland
You no longer need to go to an embassy or consulate to get a visa. The e-Visa acts as a legal document when traveling. By filling out an e-Visa application online, travel abroad has never been easier. Apply online, pay online.
Do you have questions that we can answer? Please feel free to click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen anytime for help from live assistants.