In November 2019, Malawi launched its newly implemented electronic visa program. Residents from more than 200 countries have access to the convenient e-Visa. You can apply for a visa online. Your Malawi e-Visa can be accessed by any smart device.
It is a good idea to carry a paper copy of your e-Visa and your passport in the event of loss or theft. The e-Visa program has revolutionized international travel. You can apply online for your Malawi e-Visa and never have to surrender your passport to any agency.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is an e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa is an online document that will serve as a visa for travel to Malawi. It is an easy way to apply for your travel documents online.
Can I get one quickly?
We offer three processing options for your convenience:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes approximately 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes only about 5 days to approve your application.
How much will the e-Visa cost me?
The price for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection.
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
How many entries into the country am I allowed as a Malawi visa holder?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
When will my e-Visa expire?
As a citizen of Puerto Rico, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
How long can I stay in Malawi before my e-Visa is no longer valid?
The maximum stay allowed in Malawi with the visa you will receive is 30 days Per Entry.
What do I need to apply for an e-Visa to Malawi?
You will need digital files of the following items to apply for an e-Visa:
- Proof of Accommodation - You need a legible, clear image of your hotel/lodging reservation, including your name and the dates of your stay in Malawi. If you’re staying with a friend or host, you need a legible written or typed page that details your host’s residence and their contact information.
- Applicant Photo - You need a file of a recent passport photo taken of you that meets standard requirements for a passport
- A Clear Scan of Your Passport Bio - Your passport must be valid for at least six months after the date you want to travel to Malawi. You need a clear, readable scanned image of your passport bio page to submit electronically for visa approval.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have been in a country that has a risk of yellow fever transmission, you need to provide a digital image of your vaccination record.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Puerto Rico
When planning for your Malawi trip, antiquated methods of obtaining travel documents have been replaced with the electronic document. By filling out an e-Visa application online, you can do the entire process online.
Need any more tips for your upcoming African holiday? Here are a few basics to help you plan: The occasional problem can be avoided with planning and by keeping your eyes open to your surroundings at all times. Your Malawi trip is just an e-Visa application away.
Do you have further questions? If so, feel free to click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen anytime and ask us for help.