Malawi initiated an online e-Visa program in November 2019. Citizens from over 200 countries, including citizens of Reunion, may use the Malawi e-Visa.
After your application approval, we will send you a digital Malawi e-Visa that can be accessed with any smart device for your upcoming holiday to one of Malawi’s many spectacular protected habitats and national parks and preserves.
This is an improved and safe new way to obtain a travel visa. Getting your e-Visa for Malawi is secure and simply processed online.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is the Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa lets you enter Malawi legally with the ease of an electronic document that is stored on your phone or other smart device.
Malawi e-Visa Necessary Documents
Gather the following items, in digital format, to apply for an e-Visa:
- Applicant Photo of Applicant - A standard passport photo, taken recently.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - a scan of the bio page of your passport. Make sure that your passport is valid from six months after the first day of your planned visit to Malawi.
- Proof of Accommodation - A digital copy of your hotel/lodging or host’s itinerary, including the details of your stay.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have been exposed to yellow fever, you need to provide documentation of your immunization.
How long does it take to process a Malawi e-Visa?
The processing time depends on how quickly you need to obtain a visa; we offer three levels of expedition, depending on your needs:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing processes in about 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for legal travel to Malawi.
How much will the e-Visa cost me?
Your total cost for applying for a visa online is based upon the processing speed you require:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
How many entries am I allowed into Malawi?
This e-Visa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay?
Every visa has a limit on how long you can stay in a foreign country. Be sure to plan your trip accordingly so you leave your host country before the last day that your visa is valid.
The maximum stay in Malawi is 30 days Per Entry.
When will my e-Visa expire?
As a resident of Reunion, you have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Reunion
When you wish to travel to Malawi, filling out an e-Visa application online allows you to easily obtain the necessary visas you need for your holiday. Here are a few more useful travel tips for visiting Africa: Always, no matter what, travel during the day. For most mini bus fares, the price is negotiable. Do not expect the bus or van to keep a tight schedule. Late arrival times are a common thing with mass transport.
If we can help answer any questions for you, please click the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen anytime for live assistance.