Malawi is sometimes referred to as the Warm Heart of Africa due to the kindness of Malawi residents to strangers. Citizens of San Marino are welcome to explore the diverse culture of Malawi as long as they have a visa.
Getting a visa used to require going to a consulate or embassy. Now, many countries, including Malawi, have released e-Visa programs where foreign nationals can get a visa online that works as a standard visa to travel.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Questions
What will my e-Visa look like?
Click the link to see a sample of what you would receive in your email inbox. Malawi e-Visa Sample Picture
What’s the maximum number of days I have to stay in Malawi with an e-Visa?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore or do business in Malawi.
Entry and Applicant Information for a Visa
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi officials if you have been in a country with a high risk of getting yellow fever.
- Proof of Accommodation - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Payment Method - PayPal or a credit card will work.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
The Malawi e-Visa: Why You Need One
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. Your e-Visa will be electronically attached to your passport as well. Without it, you will not be able to enter the country.
Three Types of Processing Speeds for e-Visas
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
What type of entry limitations does an e-Visa have?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visa means you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back to Malawi.
How does processing speed affect the cost of the visa application?
The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
The Expiration of a Visa to Malawi
Your visa will expire, so make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a San Marino citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
San Marino Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Malawi is a wonderful country for visiting and exploring. If you want to visit, get a visa online to help you expedite the travel planning.
The Warm Heart of Africa is waiting to greet you. Get your e-Visa for Malawi today.