Senegalese citizens traveling to Malawi will need a visa to enter the country. In 2019, the government of the Republic of Malawi released the e-Visa program. An e-Visa is an electronic visa that connects to your passport and works exactly like a standard visa. What’s great about an e-Visa is the ability to apply online for the visa without leaving your house.
Malawi e-Visa Information for Senegal Citizens
After I receive my e-Visa, how long do I have to use it before it expires?
As a Senegal citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to use the visa.
If you do not, it will expire, and you will have to purchase another e-Visa.
What’s the length of time it takes to process an e-Visa application?
You have an opportunity to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes around 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes about 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Malawi e-Visa Maximum Length of Stay as a Foreign Citizen
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
There is No Guaranteed Entry
If the Customs department at the Malawi port-of-entry note that your presence in Malawi would harm national interests or security, you will not be able to enter the country, even with a purchased visa.
What other information do I need to give if my children are traveling with me?
As a parent or legal guardian, you will need to provide more information for the child:
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
This is to protect children during the traveling process.
Entry Limits with the Malawi e-Visa
With every visa, there are entry limits. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visa limits the holder to one entry through one port of entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
Information You Need to Provide for the Application for the Visa
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa which will speed up your process:
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
- Proof of Lodging - Where will you reside while you are visiting Malawi?
- Passport Photo - It is best to have a color passport photo to use.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - A color scan of the personal details page of your passport must be turned in with the online application.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
Visa Application: How to Get a Final Cost for the Visa
There are three to choose from. The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed choice:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total cost is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your e-Visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Senegal Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Anyone traveling from Senegal to Malawi will want to apply for the visa online. It’s faster, simpler, and just as secure as applying in-person for a visa. You can get started by applying from your smartphone or laptop anywhere as long as you are connected to an internet.
Safe travel, and enjoy the Malawi excursion.