It is possible to get a visa online for Malawi. The Malawi e-Visa Program commenced in 2019 and allows those who are traveling to Malawi to obtain a visa online. This process turns out to be faster and easier than having to go to the consulate or embassy.
To get started, fill out an application. As a Singaporean resident, it should only take a few minutes to complete.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
Tell me about the expiration date for Malawi e-Visas.
Your visa to Malawi will expire 90 days after issued.
The Time it Takes to Process an e-Visa Application
The processing time depends on which speed you select:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Different Visa Prices for Different Schedules
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
How long can I stay in Malawi with this visa?
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
Information for e-Visa Application and Port of Entry
You will need to have the following be ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Passport Personal Details Scan - We will accept a scan of the details page on your passport.
- Proof of Accommodation - A reservation receipt with a confirmation number or a letter from a friend or family member works to show you have a place to stay while in the country.
- Payment Method - We take PayPal and major credit/debit cards.
- Applicant Photo - We will require a colored passport photo with a solid white background, no fashion headwear (hijabs and related coverings are permitted as long as the entire facial area is showing).
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - Do you live in or have you recently been to a country that has a high risk of yellow fever? You will need to have a yellow fever vaccination certificate to enter Malawi.
What does the Malawi e-Visa do?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. The e-Visa is also electronically linked to your personal passport.
How many times do I have to pass through border security with a visa?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visa means you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back to Malawi.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Singapore
Over ten thousand people have used iVisa to secure their trip to Malawi. The documents we provide are directly from the government officials. We just help make it easier for you.
Need more information? Chat with our team members 24/7. Click on the chat bubble below.