If you are from the country of Sint Maarten, you can take advantage of the Malawi e-Visa program. Whether you are going for vacation or for business, Sint Maarten citizens can get a visa by applying online. This is great since you will not have to go to the consulate or embassy to apply for and receive your visa.
You can start the application process whenever you are ready.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
How much will my visa cost?
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Why should I get a visa to travel to Malawi?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. The e-Visa is also electronically linked to your personal passport.
Should I print the visa for my Malawi journey?
Your e-Visa works exactly like a paper visa so you can show your e-Visa from your smartphone or laptop if you want. It’s never a bad idea to print out an e-Visa in case there are technical issues once you arrive in Malawi.
How many times can I pass through customs with this e-Visa?
Each visa only allows holders into foreign countries not so many times.
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas mean you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back to Malawi.
From the date of issuance, when will my e-Visa expire?
As a Sint Maarten (Dutch Part) citizen, you will have 90 days after issued.
What processing speeds do you offer?
We offer three different processing speeds. Choose one based on how fast you want your e-Visa.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
How long can I vacation in Malawi with this e-Visa?
All visas have a time limitation to keep people from trying to stay in the country permanently. Make sure to plan your trip accordingly so you leave before your last day.
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
To apply for a visa online, what information should I have ready?
It helps you go faster if you have this information ready before you apply for an e-Visa:
- Passport Personal Details Scan - Your passport should be good for 6 months after the arrival date of your trip. You will need to submit a scan of the personal details page of your passport with your application.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - Do you live or have you recently been to a country that has a high risk of yellow fever? You will need to have a yellow fever vaccination certificate to enter Malawi.
- Payment Method - How will you pay for your visa? We take major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal.
- Proof of Accommodation - A reservation receipt with a confirmation number or a letter from a friend or family member works to show you have a place to stay while in the country.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Sint Maarten (Dutch Part)
We offer a 24/7 help to those who want to travel all around the world. iVisa is committed to making the e-Visa application process as easy as possible.
If you have any further questions, feel free to click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner. Someone will be with you shortly.