Going to Malawi requires a visa if you are a citizen of South Sudan. Requirements include having a visa with six months of validity and providing proof you have a hotel room or place to stay during your visit to Malawi. Getting a visa can now be done online thanks to the electronic visa program.
The e-Visa program offers an online application for Malawi visas. That means you can apply from your smartphone or computer anywhere as long as you have an internet. This provides a huge convenience factor for all foreign nationals traveling to Malawi.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for e-Visa Questions - South Sudan Tourists
How often can I enter Malawi with this visa?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Officially, single entry visas limit the holder to one entry through one port of entry. If you exit Malawi, you must purchase another visa to reenter the country.
Do I have a choice in how fast you process my application?
Yes, you do. You have three selections. The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed choice:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total cost is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your e-Visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
When my e-Visa expire?
Your visa will expire so make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a South Sudan citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
Help: What documents do I need to apply?
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa, which will speed up your process:
- Passport Photo - Colored photos are required. Blank background is best.
- Proof of Lodging - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
If I have a visa, do I have a right to enter Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi would affect national interests or security, then you may be asked to leave the country.
I have children. What other information do I need to bring?
With children, you will need to have the following for each child:
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
Application Processing - How Long Does it Take?
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
How many days do I have to stay in Malawi?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
South Sudan Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Feel free to start the e-Visa application at any time. It will quicken the time it takes to get your visa, and you can do it online by the comfort of your own schedule.
Don’t miss out on the Malawi trip of a lifetime. Use iVisa’s online e-Visa application and secure your travel documents.