Spain citizens traveling to Malawi will need a visa to enter the country. In 2019, the government of the Republic of Malawi released the e-Visa program. An e-Visa is an electronic visa that connects to your passport and works exactly like a standard visa. What’s great about an e-Visa is the ability to be applied online without you leaving your house.
Malawi e-Visa Information for Spanish Citizens
How long can a foreign citizen stay in Malawi with an electronic visa?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi. You will have to leave on or before the last day your visa is valid.
Entry Guarantee Information
If the customs officers at the Malawi port of entry note that your stay in Malawi would be against national interests or security, you will not be able to enter the country, even with a valid visa.
Information for Traveling with Children to Malawi from Spain
As a parent or legal guardian, you will need to provide more information for the child:
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
This helps confirm children are safe during the travel process.
Can I enter the country more than once?
With every visa, there are entry limits. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single-entry visas limit the holder to one entry through one port of entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
Information You Will Need to Provide for the Application
It works best if you have the items below ready to apply for an e-Visa, which will speed up your process:
- Proof of Lodging - Where will you reside while you are visiting Malawi?
- Passport Photo - It is best to have a colored passport photo to use.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - Scan your biographical page from your passport and upload it with your application. We encrypt all data and never share it with third-party vendors.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
Costing for the Visa and the Application Processing
There are three speeds of processing to choose from. The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed choice:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total cost is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your e-Visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
When will my visa expire?
As a Spanish citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to use the visa. If you do not, it will expire, and you will have to purchase another e-Visa.
Processing Time: How Long is the Visa Finalization Process?
You have the opportunity to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes around 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes about 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Spain Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Yes, you can go to the consulate or embassy for your visa to Malawi. But why would you when you can obtain a visa online with ease?
The application process is secure and simple.
Safe travel to you and your family and friends.