The electronic visa program for Malawi started in November 2019. Foreign citizens, including residents of Sudan, are eligible to apply for a Malawi visa online and skip the trip to the embassy or consulate. To apply, you will need a valid passport and accommodation details.
It only takes a few minutes to fill out the online application for a Malawi e-Visa, then you can enjoy the diversity of Southeast Africa and the activities at Lake Malawi.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Questions
Visa Application: Total Cost for the Visa
There are three options to choose from. The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed choice:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total cost is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your e-Visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
What day does my visa expire on?
Your visa will expire so make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a Sudanese citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
Processing Speed Choices - The Malawi e-Visa
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 Business Days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 Business Days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 Business Days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
The Maximum Stay in Malawi with an e-Visa
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
If I have an e-Visa, does that automatically allow me entry to Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi would affect national interests or security, then you may be asked to leave the country.
I am bringing my child. Do I need to present additional information for a visa?
Yes. Children will also need the following to apply and enter the country:
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
How many times does the Malawi e-Visa allow me to enter the country?
With every visa, there are entry limits. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas limit the holder to one entry through one port of entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
What documents do you need information from for the application?
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa, which will speed up your process:
- Passport Photo - It is best to have a colored passport photo to use.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - The personal information page at the beginning of your passport must be presented with your application. You can scan it and upload it.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
- Proof of Lodging - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
Sudan Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Anyone traveling from Sudan to Malawi will want to apply for the visa online. It’s faster, simpler, and just as secure as applying in-person for a visa. You can get started by applying from your smartphone or laptop anywhere you are as long as you have an internet access.
Safe travel, and enjoy the Malawi excursion.