To get a visa online for Malawi, you will need your passport, proof of accommodation, and a few more pieces of information. Citizens of Suriname can apply for an electronic visa, also known as an e-Visa, to go to Malawi.
Simply fill out an online form for the e-Visa, we will work with governments to approve your application, and then we will email you your e-Visa. You can use it at the border to enter Malawi.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
Why do I need a visa to go to Malawi?
A visa proves who you are to government officials. The information is stored in a database for officials to look up when you check in and leave a country.
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. The e-Visa is also electronically linked to your personal passport.
How long does a visa allow me to stay in Malawi?
All visas have a time limitation to keep people from trying to stay in the country permanently.
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
If you want to complete your application for a visa, you will need to select a processing time:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Why is the price of the visa?
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
If I have an e-Visa; how many times can I get into Malawi?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
How long do I have to use the visa before expiration?
As a Suriname citizen, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
To apply for a visa online, what information should I have ready?
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Passport Personal Details Scan - The bio page of your passport will need to be scanned and submitted with your application. It must have six months of validity remaining from the day you intend to arrive in Malawi.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you are a resident of or have traveled through a country with a high risk of yellow fever, you will need a certificate showing you are vaccinated.
- Proof of Accommodation - A reservation receipt with a confirmation number or a letter from a friend or family member works to show you have a place to stay while in the country.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Suriname
If you are from Suriname, you will want to get an e-Visa for Malawi online. It’s a simple process that should only take a few minutes. We even have Super Rush processing for those in a hurry.
Have a safe travel to Malawi and enjoy.